Assistant Property Manager
July 29, 2021
Click here to apply.
A real estate company located in Hackensack, NJ is seeking an assistant to the support the property management team. This job will be temp-hire, set to start immediately. We are looking for a candidate with an enthusiastic, positive attitude and that has the willingness to learn the business. An ideal candidate will have a good background with Accounts Payable/Receivable as well as experience with property management.
Hours: Monday – Friday (9:00AM – 5:00PM)
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Post rent for Tenants to Rent Manager, post maintenance from properties
- Screen prospective tenants for rentals
- Communicates with tenants regarding property-related issues
- Processes applications and conducts credit checks.
- Run credit reports
- File evections
- Keep track or lease expirations
- Send out lease renewals and/or rent increases
- Pay roll
- Enter new clients in Rent Manger as well as send bank w-9 information.
- Managing budgets, accounts, rent collections, and tenant notices.
- Coordinates with tenants and third parties to address maintenance and facility needs.
- Maintaining organized and updated resident files and records.
- Prepares budgets and financial reports.
- Make-up deposits tickets and go to the bank
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- Must have good accounting skills, as well as proficient math aptitude
- Familiarity with Rent Manager and/or QuickBooks
- Seeking a candidate who can multi-task and who has a lively, upbeat demeanor
- Must have proficient computer skills
- Able to take direction and work independently with little or no supervision
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic workplace
- *Qualified candidates must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.*