A non-profit company in River Vale, NJ is looking for a Temporary Benefit Specialist to join their team. This will position will be temp to hire, set to start immediately. In this position you will oversee the benefit functions for the agency and reporting directly to the Director of Human Resources. We are looking for a candidate with an enthusiastic, positive attitude and that is open to new opportunities.
Position: Monday – Friday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure enrollment for eligible employees. Supports the annual open enrollment process and develops strategy for continuous communications with employee regarding their benefits.
- Responsible for educating staff on benefits available to them.
- Oversees the completion of all benefit monthly billing as far as any additions/deletions/changes in enrollment. Reconcile all benefit invoices for accuracy. Complete all billing for review with supervisor and submitted to Finance in a timely manner to avoid late charges or penalties. Ensures COBRA compliance.
- Collaborate with payroll for deductions, contributions and reconciliations. Manage, approve and reconcile benefits invoices against employee deductions
- Act as point of contact for any employee with questions or issues regarding their benefits and investigate as necessary and respond to staff in a timely manner.
- Review any and all information with the Director of HR to ensure communication of any employee benefit changes within the organization.
- Tuition Reimbursement – i.e., registration, ensuring approvals and submission for payments
- Employee Referral Program, i.e., registration, follow up and presentation of awards to any employees who make a successful new employee referral
- Assists Director of HR with unemployment claims form completion (BC-10)
- Assists the CHRO with annual Open Enrollment and ensures the inputting and enrollments in vendor and HRIS system(s)
- Coordinate wellness initiatives for employee participation and maintains open lines of communication regarding the company’s employee benefits.
- Assists the Privacy Officer in the distribution of private medical documentation to staff, i.e., copies of physicals, Hepatitis Vaccinations and mantoux, while maintaining all HIPAA privacy standards
- Performs any other duties deemed necessary by the Director of Human Resources.
- Assist with day to day functions of the HR department, i.e., telephone coverage, meet and greet applicants & visitors
- 3- 5 years prior experience as a benefit specialist or HR related position
- Strong communication skills
- Administrative experience
- Be able to multitask and work independently
- Computer-savvy, proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Must be available during the entire duration of the assignment
- Qualified candidates must have a valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation