A Pathology Company in Ramsey, NJ is looking for temporary employees to join their team. This will be a Lab Assistant position. Under general supervision of the Supervisor, the Covid lab assistant obtains, enters records and sets up specimens received from referring Hospitals, Physicians, Clinics, and Ambulatory Surgery Centers.
Set to start immediately. This position will last 6-7 months. Does have the means to become a permanent position.
Qualified candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
Salary: $16 – $18/HR
Shift: Sunday to Thursday 8:00 am – 4:00 pm OR Tuesday to Saturday 7:00 pm – 3:00 am
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Receives specimens and enters acknowledgement into the appropriate LIS.
- Enter the related patient and testing information into the LIS
- Scan specimens into LIS system.
- Aligns specimens in racks with appropriate prioritization.
- Shelves and stores specimens in accordance with standards and the operational policies and procedures.
- Retrieves specimens as required.
- Maintains specimen inventory.
- Disposes of specimens as necessary and in accordance with tissue disposal policies and hazardous waste disposal policies.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor or manager
- Basic understanding of clerical and administrative procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to solve problems as they arise.
- Must be comfortable in a covid based environment handling covid specimens.
- Qualified candidates must have their own transportation and a valid Drivers License.
- Qualified candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: $16.00 – $18.00 per hour
All employees must be fully vaccinated