Legal Administrative Assistant
January 14, 2022
Click here to apply.
A prestigious Law Firm located in Livingston, NJ is seeking a part-time Paralegal to join their team. The focus of this law firm is to practice comprehensive legal representation and service in the areas of Elder Law, Estate Planning, Special Needs Planning and Probate and Administration of Estates. The role of the paralegal would be to handle the probate process, from the initial notification of a client’s death through the distribution of funds to the intended beneficiaries of the estate.
This assignment will start out as temporary with the means to become a permanent position.
Qualified candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
Salary: Up to $25/HR
Hours: Monday – Friday (15-20 hours a week) Make your own schedule
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Speaks to family members upon a person’s passing to ascertain what is involved in probating or administering the estate.
- Discusses case with attorneys to determine the fee involved and prepares the appropriate Engagement Agreement.
- Speaks to court officials and personnel during the probate process.
- Reviews, interprets and evaluates all relevant legal documents and financial records and identifies beneficiaries and how the assets will be distributed.
- Prepares probate documents (Orders to Show Causes, Application for Probate, Notice of Probate and accompanying paperwork) for the Surrogate.
- Obtains debt and expense information.
- Obtains all date of death balances from client’s financial institutions.
- Prepares petitions, pleadings and other legal documents necessary for the probate or administering of the estate (Release and Refunding Bonds. and creates marketing materials (flyers, newspaper ads, etc.)
- Computes estate and inheritance tax and prepares estate and inheritance tax returns when necessary.
- Prepares Estate, Trust and Guardianship Accountings.
- Finalizes bequests and oversees the distributions of estate assets in a scheduled and timely manner.
- Maintains a spreadsheet of estate administration cases and their progress.
- Keeps track of and posts billable and non-billable work.
- Ability to be compassionate, professional, trustworthy and have a positive attitude.
- Ability to read financial account statements and legal documents.
- Ability to prepare, archive, review and maintain financial records and legal documents.
- Knowledge of Word and Excel
- Knowledge of tax software
- Strong communication skills and ability to pay attention to details.
- Self-motivated to research issues that arise.
- Qualified candidates must have their own transportation and a valid Drivers License.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Pay: $23.00 – $25.00 per hour