Normann Staffing Services is seeking an individual to support the Property Manager in all areas of building maintenance and operations in Lyndhurst, NJ. The position requires candidate to perform cleaning and maintenance in and around a property located in Lyndhurst, NJ. The position involves maintaining and upkeeping the building and the day-to-day operations, while working closely with building personnel and contractors. This position is full time (Monday-Friday)7.5 hour day with a ½ hour for lunch. The position is temporary and set to start immediately.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Wash and clean windows, floors, furniture and bathrooms. Move and set up furniture.
- Sweep and vacuum all common areas
- Repair any damaged masonry, sheetrock, walls and ceilings, spackles repair and install locks.
- Replaced all lightbulbs, fuses, wall plates, electrical outlets; replace broken glass
- Changes, lubricates, refuels and does light maintenance work on equipment within the facility
- Prepares the apartment for renting to new tenants by spackling, painting, cleaning and updating all appliances and fixtures.
- Repair plumbing stoppages, leaks in pipes, replace pop-up sink stoppers, basin drain assemblies, toilet tanks and kitchen sinks.
- Repair and assist with changing of electrical switches, smoke detectors, t transformers, thermostats, heaters, washing machines and dryers, and fans.
- Perform and or assist with the performance of preventive and corrective maintenance tasks on all equipment such as roof extractor fans/motor boilers, generators, fire alarm system, sidewalks, parking lot, etc.
- Report to management any follow up, issues and conclusions on work to be performed.
- Use own vehicle to travel to other sites or to pick up supplies.
- Other miscellaneous duties as requested by management.
- Possess a general knowledge of plumbing, electrical work, carpentry, grounds maintenance
- Prior maintenance experience required in muti family dwellings.
- Working knowledge of and ability to service and repair air conditioners, boilers, refrigerators, garbage compactors, generators and other equipment found in buildings.
- Must be able to understand and carry out oral and written directions and develop effective work methods and excellent follow up on completion of task.
- Ability to work with people and deal effectively and compassionately with their situation.
- Ability to react in an emergency.
- Ability to work with hand tools and power tools such as a snow blower, lawn mowers and electric snake.
- Willingness to cooperate with tenants and other staff.
- Must be willing to work a flexible 40-hour work week.
- Ability to read, write, understand, and communicate the English language.
- Must have own transportation and have a current valid driver’s license and current active car insurance coverage.
- Must be able to perform heavy work lifting up to 50 lbs. Occasionally up to 100 lbs.
- Good work ethic and positive attitude
- Ability to communicate well
- Qualified candidates must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary; 7.5 hour day; Monday through Friday
Salary: up to $16.00-$18.00HR
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $16.00 – $18.00 per hour